Les Amis francophones de James Taylor

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Ce forum s'est donné pour mission de mettre en contact les milliers de fans de cette légende de la musique encore trop peu connue du public francophone.

-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + Casque filaire ...
29.99 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

JT's songs as a teaching material

4 participants

Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

1JT's songs as a teaching material Empty JT's songs as a teaching material Jeu 18 Jan 2007, 7:27 pm

Lilly

Lilly

Hello dear JT fans and friends,

I was just wondering if there was among you teachers who used JT’s songs as a teaching material. Yeah, I’m a multi-talented person. In reality, multi-talented means no talented at all.

Last month, I used “You’ve got a friend” to smoothly introduce the notion of metaphor. Today, It was “Gaia”. I chose it because I like the rhymes and it was the “Green” moment of the day. My head-teacher told me in his irreproducible Cockney-Judeo-Mediterranean accent: “I think that the James Taylor indoctrination process has begun.Hmmmmm.”

Blabberin’ Lilly.

2JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Re: JT's songs as a teaching material Ven 19 Jan 2007, 12:13 am

inconnu

Hi Lilly,

Great idea !!!
Depending on your pupil's age or the subject you want to teach, you could try "Line 'Em up", "Junkie's lament", "Belfast To Boston", "Milworker" !!!!! an why not "Sugar Trade"...

Have I told you that I've learned english with JT's songs ?

Hold the line, carry on (these are no JT's songs, but they're good motos too.

Tom

3JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Re: JT's songs as a teaching material Ven 19 Jan 2007, 12:01 pm

Lilly

Lilly

Hey ya Tom !!

If you learned your English from JT's songs, I must admit that James was a good teacher, or you a good learner????

Lilly.

4JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Re: JT's songs as a teaching material Ven 19 Jan 2007, 3:54 pm

CC

CC

There's one JT song where the dramatic
aesthetic is the strong centralization of the story and a momentum that draws
the six poetic elements (plot, character, theme, dialog, rhythm, and spectacle)
into common relationship. It's just like one of Bertold Brecht's dialectic poems.
If i'd be a teacher i would definitely use this song for whatever i would teach it would fit. Which song i am talking about?, there can be only one answer, it's undoubtedly "Mona" !

Claus

http://www.septembergrass.de/

5JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Re: JT's songs as a teaching material Ven 19 Jan 2007, 6:00 pm

Lilly

Lilly

Hello CC,

It’s always nice to see you in here. Well, even if the song you mentioned gathers several but not all the dramatic features; I don’t think “Mona” would be of my head-teacher’s nor of my students’ taste, if you see what I mean.

Lilly.

P.S: Compare “Mona” to Brech’s works, you must really be a JT craze!!

6JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Re: JT's songs as a teaching material Ven 19 Jan 2007, 9:01 pm

CC

CC

Lilly, it's a wonderful idea to use JT material the way you do. I shouldn't have placed my poor joke here (I'm useless telling jokes).

Apologies! :oops:

7JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Re: JT's songs as a teaching material Ven 19 Jan 2007, 11:02 pm

Lilly

Lilly

Okay CC, make fun of me. Not really nice of you, you know. I retrieve all the compliments I made to you. Nah, not really.

8JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Re: JT's songs as a teaching material Ven 19 Jan 2007, 11:25 pm

CC

CC

Does that mean i'd get a second chance?
Please believe me i wasn't going to make fun of you, because doing that, regarding your teaching idea, i could possibly risk getting trouble with Tom as well ...naaaah not me, not I.

9JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Re: JT's songs as a teaching material Lun 22 Jan 2007, 3:15 pm

Lilly

Lilly

You know CC, you shouldn't joke about that. "Mona" represents the tragic fate of all animal species confronted to the stupidity of mankind. Yeah, if we dig a bit deeper, we'd probably find some theological or esotheric hints. I can hear someone say, "Nah, just ham."

I've finally heard "Day tripper". Oh my. How have I ever missed that one? I think it's JT's most achieved song. Seriously, what was he thinking about when he did it?

P.S:For the worried little soul, I'm doing better every day. I'm a tough cookie.

10JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Ooops ! Mar 23 Jan 2007, 4:45 pm

inconnu

Hi Lilly,
Shhhhh.... it'll be our secret, but "Day Tripper" is a Beatles song....
Regarding "Mona", I know a bit about CC and a bit about you. This can only be a misunderstanding !!!
Never forget, CC lives in "Ham"burg !

11JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Re: JT's songs as a teaching material Mar 23 Jan 2007, 7:14 pm

Lilly

Lilly

Talking about the cover, talking about the cover, my dear Tom. "Beatles" or not, the original one was far from being a masterpiece, too.

P.S: Lol @ "Ham burg"

12JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Re: JT's songs as a teaching material Mer 24 Jan 2007, 6:01 pm

broken angel

broken angel

Hello !!!

I am a new member in this site. But I am an old james Taylor fan. I am agreeably surprised to see how are intelligent and hauntingly beautiful some of Taylors fans.

We can work together to plan lessons with Taylors songs. Where exactly over the rainbow do you live?

What does your signature mean?

David.

13JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Re: JT's songs as a teaching material Mer 24 Jan 2007, 10:57 pm

CC

CC

Tom, Lilly and I haven't got a problem. It's just that it's always difficult to express humour on the internet plus it's worse in a foreign language when you can't see the faces of everyone involved. In my case it wouldn't even make a difference if you'd see my face while telling a joke since i was born with this strange northern german kind of "dry" humor which wouldn't allow you to smile on a joke.
Anyways, "Mona" is a Masterpiece (IMHO)
Even though it will take a while, but i will continue working on Lilly trying to convince her to use "Mona" in her classes.

Background informations regarding Mona: http://www.septembergrass.de/jtpage/JT/all_about_mona.htm

14JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Re: JT's songs as a teaching material Sam 27 Jan 2007, 8:31 pm

Lilly

Lilly

Hello again CC,

Now, that I know the kind of « dry » humour that you favour, let me share with you this little joke. I know it has nothing to do with JT, but I hope that Sam won’t mind. It’s my favourite. I think that I am as gifted as you are with humour.

Here it is:

-What’s an insomniac, dyslexic and agnostic?

-It’s someone who stays awake all night wondering if there’s a dog.

Hilarious Lilly.

15JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Thank you very, very much, Lilly Dim 28 Jan 2007, 1:39 am

inconnu

That's exactly the definition of who I am, for 54 years !!!!!

I'm caught in the act !!

Insomniac, dyslexic agnostic.

Thanks to you, I finaly know how to introduce myself when needed.

Believe me, I'm really serious.

Thanks again, Lilly.

Cheers.

Tom

16JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Re: JT's songs as a teaching material Dim 28 Jan 2007, 1:45 am

inconnu

OH... MY... DOG...

2007 will be a good year, for sure !!!

17JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Re: JT's songs as a teaching material Dim 28 Jan 2007, 5:43 pm

Lilly

Lilly

Well, I’m glad I’ve got something in common with you, however, I don’t think I’m dyslexic my dear Mot. Lol.

Now, I just want to share with you this review of my “Maitre à penser” James Berardinelli. The review in itself is more successful than the movie. It’s about the first “Rocky”. Here it goes:

“A boxing movie that really rings a bell when it comes to delivering punch lines. Watch it and you’ll see lots of stars. It’s a knock out !!! “

Lilly.

18JT's songs as a teaching material Empty Re: JT's songs as a teaching material Mar 30 Jan 2007, 4:01 pm

broken angel

broken angel

I love the review and I loved the movie.

David.

Contenu sponsorisé

Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]